There is so much I could say about my trip to Poland. It was an amazing weekend; there were some very emotional moments but mostly it was fun to see my friends, eat well and explore and amazing city.

This quote, part of the exhibit at the Galicia Jewish Museum in Krakow, has stayed with me from the first time I read it. The exhibit at the museum moved me to tears. Essentially the permanent exhibit is a photo series broken into four sections that display very different current is Jewish life in Poland in the past and present. Each picture and the word accompanied tugged at my heart strings; it made me truly feel something indescribable, something infinite. Its difficult to describe the mix of emotions that the exhibit invoked; at its high points the photos illuminated the vibrant Jewish community that thrived it Poland. At the lowest point the photos were honest and showed what humans can do to one another. I think that is what makes faith so difficult for me, when I am confronted with the world's atrocities. these aren't abstraction, but historical facts that sit there and look right back at me forever.
These words struck me because they reminded me that we should view individuals as if they are the world. I wouldn't call myself a religious person but I think these words have so much depth to them that anyone can relate on some level.
TO SAVE A LIFE IS TO SAVE A WHOLE WORLD.
So simple, yet poignant. Every life matters in this great abyss that we call the world. The world is each individual life. And every life is an individual's whole world. The enormity of these words overwhelm me to the point of which I'm not quite sure what I'm suppost to do with this idea. But its too beautiful, too meaningful to brush off to the corner. This is the kind of idea that moves mountains, that changes the world. The idea behind this quote gives me hope and makes me want to believe in the simplicity of our existence again. Hope is real and it lies in each and every one of us. And maybe, one day, we all will all be able to save a whole world. That is, at least what I hope for.
JORDANA, I LOVE YOU.
ReplyDelete